Once the deal is made, your journey isn’t over. There is still paperwork to be done and calculations to be made.
I will handle all those details for you, and ensure everything is done properly, including coordinating with your real estate lawyer or notary.
How Much Do You Keep?
Once the sale is made, you will want to know how much you get to keep. There are a number of closing costs to consider.
- Legal fees. Lawyer’s fees vary. On average, you can expect to pay $1,500 – $2,500 for a lawyer to look after the legal details necessary to close your home.
- Mortgage fees. Check with your lender to determine if any costs will occur when transferring or releasing your mortgage. There could be penalties for discharging your mortgage earlier than its term and there may be a discharge fee to remove a mortgage from title.
- Disbursements. These fees cover additional legal expenses such as travel, copies, couriers, registration fees and preparing document transfers.
- Adjustments. It is difficult for a homeowner to calculate exactly how much money is owed to which utilities on closing day. Your lawyer will ensure that over payments or deficiencies on rents, mortgage interest, property tax and utility charges will be corrected, and the buyer and seller will be credited or charged accordingly.
- Moving costs. These vary depending on location, distance, and amount of possessions to be moved. If you are moving yourself, you should factor gas, rental vehicles and moving supplies.
AN EXPERT BY YOUR SIDE
As you have discovered, selling your home can be an exciting and rewarding journey — if you do the right things.
That’s where I can help. If you would like to discuss selling your home, please feel free to give me a call. I will provide you with a complimentary market evaluation (so you know what your home will sell for on today’s market), and answer any other questions you have.
By the way, by having this initial conversation you are under no obligation to hire me as your REALTOR®.
So let’s talk. Find out how you can sell your home quickly and for the best price possible.